Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Candle Holder

Artist's Gallery
Autumn Farm
Let's finish up our stay in Holmes County, Ohio with a couple more paintings from Amish country. As I mentioned before, I have already done too many of these Amish artworks, and more are coming. I suppose it's because this is one of my favorite subjects to paint. Anyway, our local gallery recently had a "repurposed art" show, and I was looking for something to contribute. What better way to repurpose old candle holders from the thrift store than to turn them into artwork? The piece above, only about 5" high, proved a very nice surface for a simple barn and buggy scene. Now I need advice: should I put a (small) candle in the holder, and if so, what color should it be?

No comments: