Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Walking Home 1

Artist's Gallery
Sketched In
And now we're back to another regular painting I did from that same road in Mud Valley. In fact, you can see a couple similar paintings I've featured here; check out the reference photo here. Only this painting is a little different - it replaces the buggy with a couple figures. I'm not too good with painting people, so we'll see how it comes out!
I started out with the pencil sketch above, using a ruler to make sure everything was to scale with the photo. I don't usually take pictures of my sketches, so this is a unique shot! If you look closely, you may also notice that I added the foreground tree at the right.
Stage One: Background
The first step was painting the background. A brilliant autumn sky and multi-colored forest are backdrop to one of those quaint white barns...yes, one of my favorite subjects. Both the nature of fall and the afternoon sun color the grass green hues golden yellow. If I may note one issue here, the background colors are really way too brilliant and bold for being so far away in the picture. We'll see how that pans out in the painting.

No comments: