Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Golden Days

Artist's Gallery
Golden Days in Mud Valley
And now for one last Holmes County painting before we move on. Above is the picture all finished. There's a reason I don't have a series of step photos like usual: I completed this in one sitting, using a very fast and bold technique. Starting with the greens and blues in the background, I proceeded to slap in dark and light browns for the tree trunks. Once all that was dry, I used fan and scrubby brushes to dab in the red and yellow leaves, both trees and ground. An interesting point is that I used pure white to create the light spots and highlights. I like how the texture and detail came out, but I'm not really happy with the color combination. I did like the name pun I came up with though: Golden Days in Mud Valley. Tell me what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like it!