Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Wind in the Trees

Artist's Gallery
Another Birthday Card
In keeping with our spring theme, here is another flowery, warm greeting card. It comes across almost as one of those flowing impressionist styles, you know, like Van Gogh's Starry Night. Of course, this achievement is, as usual, an accident. I started out by whisking some trees onto a blank card with paint left over from another project. Then I attempted to paint blue sky around the trees (never a good idea) and came out with the trees looking like cloud-covered mountain peaks. The bench emerged a bit lopsided and had to be covered by a scrub brush's generous dose of dabbed flowers. Incidentally, I adore those scrubby flowers - they are so easy and come in every color combination. I turned the card over to my mom to send for her sister's birthday; she tactfully suggested I add the straw hat for a personal touch. That really helped, and I am reasonably satisfied with the results.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pink flowers!

J Beachy said...

It looks windy.