Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Cosmos Card

Artist's Gallery
Summer Farm
Now we move into summertime with another cheerful scene. The corn is tasseling and the summer flowers are in peak bloom. This scene came straight from my front yard, with the old barn and silos in the background. I used a liquid acrylic wash to paint the sky, grass, and barns and let it all dry. Then I used thick paint straight from the tube to create the bright spots of color in the foreground. This painting was a greeting card, but looks almost identical to a framed painting I had done a while before called "Summer Afternoon." You can check it out here. They're both the same size but I think this one has brighter colors.

1 comment:

J Beachy said...

Cosmos are one of my favorite flowers.