Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Waterfall Card

Artist's Gallery
Spring Waterfall
Tired of painting greeting cards, I began to look for other ways to create a gift from a painting. The waterfall above was part of a sort of greeting card/postcard combination for one of my pen friends. For this one, I chose a sort of mottled, parchment-look card stock that I wanted to show through on the finished painting. I started with a pile of rocks and ran a waterfall down the front. Then I searched a flower seed catalog for suitable flowers to surround it. I don't know if the blossoms I used are actually a real type of flower, but they do look like trilliums turned pink and yellow. Once that was all dry, I used a calligraphy pen to write my pen pal's name in fancy lettering, and added a couple thin plastic hearts as embellishments. I was really pleased with it! It made a lovely gift one step up from a greeting card.

No comments: