Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Spring Bird

Artist's Gallery
Birthday Bird
It seems that spring is finally here in the Midwest! Let's celebrate with a bright garden picture. I painted this greeting card a couple years ago for my grandma's birthday. She loves flowers. I think I just did the whole painting from my head. I like the blend of yellow and orange on the tulips. And the yellow and red blended in on the green leaves. I just dabbed the paintbrush in several colors at once and painted it all in one stroke. Then when everything was dry I put in the detailed bird and gloves. It was really fun to paint! I wrote a birthday poem for the inside; of course, now I can't remember it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the hues on the tulips!