Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Birdhouse Card

Artist's Gallery
Bird Bath, Bird House
Pleased with my success on the first try, I attempted another painted card for a second pen friend. This one was a blue and yellow scene. After sketching in a brilliant blue sky and animated grasses, I nestled forget-me-nots into the greenery. I loaded the brush with various shades of brown to get the wood-grain look of the birdhouse, and then used a blend of the same browns for the fountain. It was fun to paint the water in the fountain, although it ended up looking more like an overflowing bucket of paint!
The birds were a bit difficult, but came out decently enough, though I've never actually seen any completely yellow birds! On this one, I used the same yellow paint to write my pen friend's name (rather than calligraphy pen), and then added color-coordinated plastic hearts again. I really like the free-handed look of the painting, with so many different colors each remaining a bit distinct. And best of all, it was so much fun to create!
 

No comments: