Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Splicing Flowers

Do-It-Yourself Decorating
Stem, Stick, and Wire
Well, white it is—some beautiful lilies of the valley. I loved these delicate little flowers! There were lots of blossoms attached to each stem, but I was able to cut them apart like the peonies. The only issue was, their stems were then much too short to stick in the basket. So, I took these green wooden sticks and attached them to the flower stems with a little wire.
Stem, Stick, and Tape
After that, I wound green florists’ tape around the stick and wire to strengthen it and cover up the wire. I repeated the process with each bunch of flowers, and it worked out great. This is the technique to lengthen, or even strengthen, any flower stem that needs it. Again, you can find the wire sticks and tape in the flower section at a craft store (or even Wal-Mart).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very clever! I think the white will be really nice.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I never would have guessed white.