Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Water Lily Pond 1

Artist's Gallery
Outdoor Painting
I never enjoyed painting outdoors. After a couple frustrating tries, I decided for sure I couldn't do it. Too messy, too much wind and sun, too hard to capture the images without using a photograph. But when my art class announced a paint-out at one of the member's beautiful backyard gardens, I couldn't say no.
 
As I dragged my lawn chair, painting supplies, easel, and hat across the yard, I marveled at the beautiful lake spread out before me. Soon I was splashing paint (randomly) across the paper, sketching in the blue lake and sky and green trees and bushes. I wanted to include all the pretty things around the lake as well - the dock, board walk, windmill, and lots of lily pads. I took a lot of photographs, but I will show you my painting first since it looks very pitiful against the pictures!

2 comments:

J Beachy said...

That looks like such a peaceful scene.

Anonymous said...

I love being outside, but I agree, it would be challenging to paint;)