Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Water Lilies

Artist's Gallery
Water Lilies and Dock
It was fun to walk out onto the lake's dock. Did you spot it in my painting--from the side view, of course? The granddaughter of one of our art group's artists came along, and spent most her time lying on the dock, gazing down at the fish in the lake. Our group's teacher painted a close-up of the dock, about from this angle I think, and included the girl. He spent quite a while afterward trying to get her drawn right. I think at one point he had to cover the whole figure with white paint and start over!
Water Lilies
The lily pads were in full bloom, and gorgeous in the morning sunlight. I would have loved to paint a close-up, if I could have gotten close enough to see into one! (And if I could paint decent flowers, too...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful flowers!

J Beachy said...

That's a gorgeous picture of the lily pads.