Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Water Lily Lake 2

Artist's Gallery
Finishing the Painting
All too soon, it was time to leave the paint-out. I was far from being finished, and so quickly snapped some pictures of the scene before going home. I continued to work on it for the next few days. That's often how painting outdoors is--you put in the basic sketch and mood of the painting and then finish it at home. Although, the fastest painters can actually complete a painting (or even several!) on the spot. I am not one of those.
Anyway, my painting seemed rather dull, so I decided to add some burgundy red flowers all around the lake. I modeled them after some very dark flowers I actually saw there, but placed them where I wanted to give the photo depth. Layers of white paint gave the lily pads and flowers a fluorescent brilliance to contrast with the sky-blue lake and spring-green trees. I had a lot of fun on the windmill.

1 comment:

J Beachy said...

Those red flowers really make the scene come to life.