Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!
Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and geocaching adventures, sunlight-shadows.com for original poetry, and bloggingforhopeandcourage.com for inspiring photos!
6 comments:
I wonder what that felt like to be a slave on the verge of freedom.
Kind of chilling to think of a river being the only separating line between slavery and freedom.
That sure is high up, it would have been something to live up there all the time. I guess it would have never flooded,though.
Visit the Underground Railroad Museum for more background. Sobering dramatic re-enactment of slave escape.
Did John Rankin choose the location of his house with the Underground Railroad in mind?
Yes, I believe John Rankin picked this spot as a key signal point for the Underground Railroad. He was already a strong abolitionist when he moved here because of the opposition where he lived in slave states.
Post a Comment