Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Autumn Pastorale 4

Artist's Gallery
Trees Take Shape
Now the autumn colors are really blossoming. I worked golden yellow, bright red, and emerald green highlights into the forest, with sepia brown for the shadows. I sharpened up the buildings a lot too. Also notice the cows, fence, and birdhouses; they’re harder than they look! This is actually my favorite stage of the painting, with the brilliant colors and perfect mirror reflection. But I thought the scene needed a little more activity, so I went on and messed with it a bit more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you made the cows look very natural.

Anonymous said...

Did you copy this from a photograph, or did you just make it up?

Susanna said...

I had two reference photographs of the ponds that I sort of combined, changed colors, etc. to make the painting I wanted.