Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Wreath

Artist's Gallery
Welcoming Winter Wreath
Well, the time has come to move on to lighter topics and put memories of the past to rest. It's hard to believe the Christmas season is already upon us - how time flies! - and wreaths like this one adorn many doors across the countryside. This was a quick sketch I did for a last-minute Christmas card a couple years ago. I like the look created by the watered-down blues on the door. I then used thicker, more opaque paint for the bright berries and snow. The candle was a nice touch, although I'm not sure I'd want a burning candle on a real wreath!

1 comment:

J Beachy said...

That look so cozy with the snow on the top of the wreath.