Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Teal Necklace

Do-It-Yourself Decorating
Necklace Close-Up
Of course, a bracelet is not complete without a matching necklace. I used the same teal beads and silver fillers to make a medium-length necklace. In addition to the little clear diamond beads, I also added some multi-faceted rectangular  clear beads. I love the little silver "LOVE" bead I added on - it adds both personality and interest to an otherwise symmetrical necklace. I'm sorry, I know the background is a little weird; it turned out to be unexpectedly hard to photograph these sparkling beads.

Necklace
In this full-length shot, you can see how I graduated the bead size from front to back. I found smaller blue-green beads that almost matched the large teal ones, and mixed them with smaller clear beads. Stringing those tiny translucent beads was not easy, to say the least. It took a lot of patience and a steady hand!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the "love" too!!

Anonymous said...

The blue beads are so pretty how they shine in the sun light.