Only the best from a bulletin board full of experience in such varied interests as poultry, art, good food, and Ohio history.
Come along on the adventure!

Be sure to also check out ohloveofgeocaching.com for travel and caching adventures!

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Forging a Keepsake

Ohio History
Imprinting a Design
Well, now that you've heard all about the forging process, how would you like to watch me make something? I'm serious! Although a bit simpler process, for a very small fee visitors could make their own molded aluminum artwork. First, I chose a picture from a number of metal templates (dies, I suppose they would be called). I took a piece of thin aluminum, almost like foil but thicker, and taped it down on top. It sure took a lot of pounding with the hammer to get the picture imprinted onto the aluminum! The harder I pounded, the sharper the design became. I think it came out very nice! There were even mats available to display the finished picture. What do you think?
Barn-Raising

3 comments:

J Beachy said...

Wow! That's a really neat design. It must have been fun to make.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you can even see the strings on the bonnets. Nice job!

Susanna said...

Thanks!! It was fun.